FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Neutrogena Capsule Sleeping Mask and Hydrogel Mask Review

I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with face masks.


I used to be really diligent with face masks and I used it at least three times a week. My recent negligence has definitely shown its sign on my skin.
Not only I am more prone to breakouts, my skin had been very dehydrated too.
My oily skin type doesn't work well with thick moisturizer, so face masks have always been my best friend.

While I was on the market for some new face masks to add to my evening routine, Neutrogena reached out to me to try out their latest release- capsule sleeping mask and hydrogel masks. I can't contain my excitement for these affordable options in the drugstore! 




Neutrogena Capsule Sleeping Mask (RM12.90)
*only available in Watsons

These capsule sleeping masks came in two variants: brightening and hydrating.


Neutrogena Fine Fairness Capsule Sleeping Mask 10ml
A capsule sleeping mask pack with Niacinamide to make skin luminous and radiant looking

*If you haven't already known, Niacinamide or more commonly known as Vitamin B3 is a huge star in the skincare realm now! 
Other than its ability to improve the complexion by lightening hyperpigmentation, blotchiness, and redness, it is also an incredible ANTI-ACNE TREATMENT too! 
Some of the excellent functions of Niacinamide includes: 
1. It boosts the immunity of the skin
2. It repairs the skin's natural lipid barrier by increasing ceramide production- hence, reduced transepidermal water loss and the result? Plump and hydrated skin! 
3. Reduce redness and blotchiness as a result of reinforced skin epidermal barrier performance
4. Control sebum production - a well-hydrated skin requires less sebum production to counteract the dryness
5. Protects the skin from heat
6.  Reduce hyperpigmentaion by slowing down the transfer of melanin to your skin’s epidermis
7. Improves wrinkles and lines by increasing cellular energy production which results in increased cell differentiation and hence collagen and elastin production
8. Antioxidant


Being an acne sufferer and all its aftermath that came in a package (i.e post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, oily skin, dull skin, compromised lipid barrier etc) 😠😠😠,  Niacinamide is my ultimate favourite skincare ingredient and honestly, there aren't many products in the drugstore that contains Niacinamide.

If you have similar problems like I do, I should pick up a few of these and you will notice almost immediate results after each use! 


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Capsule Sleeping
Mask 10ml
A capsule sleeping mask pack with 100% natural origin Hyaluronic Acid to replenish moisture continuously, leaving skin optimally hydrated, radiant and supple

Hyaluronic Acid (HA) on the other hand, is perfect for those with dry skin
Count on HA to improve dry and flaky skin as well as repair epidermal layer of the skin to reduce transepidermal water loss. 
Also, if you're concern about lines and wrinkles, HA could be the answer. Its ability to penetrate the skin's layer helps hydrates the skin from within by drawing moisture from the environment thereby plumping the skin and increases skin's volume. 

How to: 

It is recommended to Apply Neutrogena® Capsule Sleeping Mask for after skincare routine and leave it overnight. Use once a week.

This is an incredible overnight sleeping mask. I use it once or twice weekly, depending on my skin's need, but I especially love using it on days where I get too lazy to use a separate sheet mask. I would apply an appropriate amount all over my face after cleanser, toner, serum, and moisturizer. Sleeping masks basically contain occlusive agents which increase moisture levels in skin by providing a physical barrier to reduce trans-epidermal water loss. Do note though, if you're using it as an overnight mask, it should only be applied as a thin layer.






The texture is absolutely light-weight, akin to a gel, but even lighter and spreads very easily. Its refreshing and cooling sensation on the skin makes it a treat on a hot day. I do not have to worry about the product being transferred onto my pillow as it's completely absorbed into the skin within minutes. My skin is smooth to the touch in the morning. My skin definitely looked slightly brighter, more even-toned if I will, the redness was visibly reduced and inflamed acne has vastly calmed down. The best way to care for my skin as I practically just have to sleep and wake up in good skin.
The only drawback though was that it is crazily heavy scented, those who are sensitive to fragrance should take note. I'd imagine packing these with me for my trips as its 10ml, one-usage size makes traveling absolutely fuss-free and freshness of the product is ensured.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could also add in a few drops of oil or boosters to tackle other skin concerns.



Neutrogena® Hydrogel Mask
RM13.90
*Only available in Guardian

This all-new hydrogel technology allows each mask to holds the equivalent of a bottle of serum!
100% paperless Hydrogel mask delivers greater efficacy from its essence-gel making process.

How is it different from ordinary sheet masks?
1. The hydrogel melts on your skin upon contact with your skin allowing maximum serum absorption into the skin.
2. As the entire sheet masks is made out of serum, it packs more nutrients than normal sheet masks could absorb!
3. The hydrogel gel sticks onto the skin better therefore allow better absorption of nutrients and reduce the evaporation of the serum.

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Hydrogel Mask 1s
• Neutrogena Fine Faireness™ Hydrogel Mask
contains Niacinamide (similar goodness as what mentioned earlier)

\Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrogel Mask 1s
• Contains 100% natural derived Hyaluronic Acid




This innovative sheet mask is divided into two parts, one for the cheek and the chin while the other for the forehead and nose etc (you get the jist). I love this kinda design as it contours the face better. The usual one-piece-fit-all sheet masks tend to be either poking into my eyes poking my lips which could get a little uncomfortable. It also adheres like a dream onto my skin! I needn't worry about the mask falling off my skin while I multitask with the mask on, and I didn't have to fumble with the dripping serum, for fear that I would waste the precious serum. Fuss-free and user-friendly, that's exactly what I wanted after a long day at work and all I wanted to do is relax. The cooling sensation also relaxed my mind instantly. I usually had to hide away from the fan/ air conditioner when I had my sheet masks on, but I did not have to do that with these Neutrogena hydrogel masks. They did not dry out within the 15 minutes time. After 15 minutes, I could feel my skin instantly hydrated and plumper. The fragrance in this one is not as strong as the capsule mask but there is still fragrance in it. I personally enjoy a little bit of fragrance as it helps with relaxation.

All in all, I would say these products are totally worth the money! My favourite among the two has definitely got to be the Fine Fairness range all because of the presence of my holy-grail skin care ingredient- Niacinamide. Anyone who's suffering from Acne should give this a try and watch it enhance your skin day by day! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig