FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

My Althea's Wishlist for Christmas 2018

Gone are the days where I was completely devoted to Western beauty, 
I am a total convert now! 
I wouldn't say I have ditched Western makeup or skincare altogether,
but I just couldn't resist how gentle K-beauty products are on the skin, the sparkle, the glow and most importantly, the wallet-friendly price tags. 

Of course, living the K-beauty dream wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for Althea.
Not only did Althea compiles the latest and trendiest K-beauty trend on their site, 
they even guarantee the most competitive price tags in the country and provide free shipping directly from Korea (for the purchase of 2 items and above)! 
And better yet? All of their products are backed by a 30-day unconditional returns policy!

I am extremely guilty for constantly checking out Althea's website for new releases
because let's be honest, it's so convenient and the website is also incredibly user-friendly. 

Before the year 2018 comes to an end, 
I would like to compile a list of popular items in the K-beauty realm that I am dying to try but have yet to try out.

Long time reader of my blog would have known that I am a huge fan of mineral sunscreen and I wouldn't use anything else as they irritate my skin. 
On top of that, I have oily skin, so anything that keeps my shine at bay gets extra love from me. 
So imagine when my two most desired quality of a product were combined into one, 
that's the Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill.  
It is a mineral sunblock that reflects heat instead of turning them into heat and disperse them, meaning my skin will be safe from irritation as a result of chemical reactions. 
It also enhances the skin texture by smoothing out the appearance of enlarged pores and even out the skin tone in addition to its oil absorbing properties. 
I'd imagine using this as the final step of my skincare routine and skipping foundation completely. 

Essence is a new step in the skincare game, but it's one not to be neglected. 
Essence supplies the skin with amino acids that are able to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin.
This essence is one of the best essences in the K-beauty market, but definitely one with the most affordable price tags. 
This one is also most suitable for anyone with acne prone skin as it is infused with a high concentration of niacinamide. 
I am dying to see what the difference it would make to my sensitive skin. 
It's also supposed to have a very watery texture that absorbs really easily into the skin. 
Would love to add more hydration into my skin without adding burden onto my skin. 

I mean, can you blame me? 
K-beauty is famed for its essences and I can't help but try out a few of them to choose the best one to recommend for those with oily/ acne prone skin. 
The selling point of this essence is its Saccharomyces Ferment - Helps diminish the signs of aging by improving collagen synthesis and Green tea extract - Rich in amino acids and minerals to ensure the skin stays moisturized. 
This product is also high in niacinamide.
Judging from its ingredient, personally, I would imagine this product to be ideal for night time use the ingredients are targeted for intensive repair and hydration for the skin. 

Although this is yet another essence, this is definitely the more moisturing one compare to the two mentioned above. 
This essence is formulated with linoleic acid (omega-6, healthy oil even for oily skin) and hyaluronic acid (A humectant that attracts moisture from the surrounding).
I'd imagine this product to be ideal for traveling to colder countries when my ordinary essences won't cut it. 
Personally, I would much prefer layer on the hydration rather than piling on the moisturiser as thick layers of moisturisers always end up clogging my pores. 

5. SKIN1004 MADAGASCAR CENTELLA-ASIATICA 100 AMPOULE

I have watched the skin transformation many times and I have been dying to give this product ago.
About a year ago, I have started incorporating Centella Asiatica products into my skincare routine and have never looked back ever since.
This product is made with ade with Centella Asiatica extracts that contain 30% asiaticoside, 30% Asiatic acid, and 40% madecassic acid.
I personally have never come across any products with such high concentration of Centella Asiatica compounds, and I am eager to see how it would help with calming down red and sensitised skin. 
Also, can we talk about the humungous size that the products come in?

6. SULWHASOO CLARIFYING MASK EX

My oily skin depends on clarifying masks to make it through the week.
But quite often, clay masks can be a tad too harsh on the skin,
using it too frequently may strip the moisture off the skin.
 I have long heard about the name of Sulwhasoo but could never purchased anything from it due to its higher price point.
But this product absolutely caught my attention as it is not just an ordinary clay mask, in fact it's a nutrient rich clarifying mask made with herbal ingredients such as jade, honey, and gold.
This clay mask is supposed to draw impurities out of the skin while supplying nutrients back to the skin.

7. BENTON ALOE BHA SKIN TONER

BHA also known as salicylic acid is great for those with oily skin as it is lipid-soluble.
BHA can dissolve the oil clogged in the pores and remove dead skin cells stuck within.
Introducing BHA into your skincare could be a little scary as it is still somehow an acid.
But this toner is infused with aloe to enhance its soothing effect as well as Snail mucin extract to bring back moisture to the skin.
Would love to start incorporating this to my morning skincare routine, as the first step, skipping the cleanser.

8. REAL SKIN HEALTHY VINEGAR SKIN TONER (300ML)_MULBERRY

I have tried one of their toners about a year back as the introductory step to the acid world.
For those who are too afraid to apply acids directly onto the skin could consider trying out acid toners.
I am a big fan of acid toners as it regulates the pH of the skin and makes subsequent products absorption works so much better.
I am keen to try out the mulberry variant this time as it is said to target pore issues, while clarifies and brighten the skin.

9. CHICA-Y-CHICO TOTA-S3.0

For a person with acne-prone skin, I can't live without having one or two or maybe 5 different acne treatment cream in my beauty cupboard.
This was claimed to be able to calm the skin in a very short time and reduce the tendency of acne marks formation.
I want to testify if this products work cause if it does, it is going to be life changing.

10. AROUND ME ARGAN DAMAGE HAIR CARE SHINE HAIR MIST

I style my hair very frequently and i change my hair colour on a monthly basis so it's pretty normal for my hair to be rather dry at the ends and show signed of damage, or at the verge of being damaged. I am making more conscious effort now to take better care of my hair by applying heat protectant before nay heat-syling and use a hair serum more religiously.
I thoght it would be conveient to have this mist type damage care product around me for regular application throughout the day.

EXTRAS: 
For those who are looking to incorporate just 1 or 2 new items in their skincare routine and yet wish to see obvious difference on their skin condition could perhaps try out some of the products I recommend below: 


This item may look like a complete gimmick but let me assure you it makes a lot of difference on your overall skin tone and texture. 
I used to not believe that an extra 10 seconds a day would make any difference on my skin but
it's tried and tested to work effectively by yours sincerely. 

After removing your makeup or sunblock with a make-up remover, 
apply the skin detoxer on dry skin for 10 seconds. 
Dampen your palms and starts massaging gently in a circular motion while lathering up the skin detoxer on your skin. 
Adds more water as you go and when you have gotten a thorough massage all over your face, 
rinse with water and you're instantly left with a glowy skin. 

This is especially ideal for anyone who has congested skin, 
or anyone who lives in the urban area where dust and air pollution is inevitable,
or anyone who has oily/acne prone skin. 
Its gentle exfoliating feature helps clear your skin of dead skin cells which could potentially block your pores and lead to acne formation. 


If you have red and sensitive skin / easily irritated skin / deep under the skin acne / post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, the Innisfree Bija Cica Gel will be your life saviour. 
It has a gel consistency that applies incredibly easily onto the skin and absorbs into nothing within seconds. It adds a lightweight protective layer on the skin without clogging the pores. 
It protects and repairs the skin's barrier at the same time. 
Consistent usage will see your skin improve in texture and redness. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig