FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Afternoon Tea at Shangri-La, KL

It was daddy and mummy's wedding anniversary, so I reserved 5 places for the family at Shangri-La Hotel, KL for a lovely bonding afternoon.


Shangri-La is one of the most renown hotel group in the world, almost everyone would have heard of Shangri-La, or yearn to stay there for once. I hope my photos and words do the hotel justice, because the hotel was really beautiful and posh, and it doesn't help now with my sleepy head as I am tapping these words away.

We were a little ahead of our reservation time, so, we had to utilize the time we had to stroll around and snap away!




 I believe this is the Lemon Garden Cafe. 
It is outdoor and the sun was blazing, if you are a sun person, 
this place would've been perfect for a cuppa. 
But, I'd prefer the luxury of air-conditioner rather than the sun glaring directly at us. 

 This fountain is quite a signature for Shangri-La KL I suppose. 
I was in love immediately with the lush designs of the hotel, the high ceilings, the dim lighting, and the fresh flowers arrangement all around the hotel area, I was quietly ticking off these luxurious hotel must have list in my head. 
Not forgetting, their service was sterling! Staffs were friendly and were always smiling. 

 The staffs kindly reserved seats beside the lush water garden! 
We marvelled at the beautiful scene through the floor-to-ceiling glass walls, 
it was quiet, the greenery was soothing to the eyes, 
and you get a lot of privacy!
However, my mum, being all princess-y, 
complained that the sun was too hot for her liking, 
so we were then given an ordinary place. LOL! 

 They have a nice selections of cakes for your indulgence. 

 Vast variety of tea leaves for you to pick from! 

 "I'm gonna swing from the chandelier~~~" 

 We picked two different teas, 
I went for one with caramel infused tea and I can't remember the other one. 
I love how they provide honey as the sweetener instead of sugar. 
It adds so much aroma and taste to the tea! 



Then I thought, it would be such a waste if I didn't take enough photo by the beautiful lush water garden, so my sister and I sneakily went there to take few more photos. Hahaha! The staffs were really nice and lovely! They allowed us for photo taking even though the table needed some re-arrangement to accommodate the next group of customers who have reserved this place beforehand.



When we were done romping around the place like small kids, our three-tier afternoon tea set was served.




 The classic tea set came with :
Truffled Egg Mayonnaise and Caviar in Brioche
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Roll
Tuna with Pepper and Guacamole in Saffron Roll
Chicken and Mushroom with Mustard Sandwich in Puff

Feuillantine Hazelnut Gateaux
Classic Baked New York Cheese Cake
Raspberry Macaroon
Passion Fruit and Mango Mousse Dome
Chocolate Pralines

Almond Cake
Marble Cake
Scones, both plain and with raisins and sultanas, served with mascarpone cream, strawberry and apricot jam
Fruit platter.
The Malaysian Afternoon Tea set came with:
Percik Chicken Pie, Deepfried Salmon Spring Roll, Golden Spiral Curry Puff and Gado Gado, which has shredded vegetables in a crispy nest with tangy peanut sauce.

Sweet delectable Malaysian treats include Royal Palm Coconut Pandan Crepe, Red Bean Apam Balik with Sweet Cream Corn, Mango and Jackfruit Trifle Pudding with Red Pomelo, Sarawak Pineapple and Kaya Swiss Roll, Lychee Almond Tart, Malay Kuih Lapis, Kuih Talam and Kuih Sago. There is also the Fresh Sliced Fruit Platter.



We were almost feeling quite full when we were half way through the set. My dad ordered another Lobster bisque to relish in. So, we were really taking it slow in the lobby lounge, as though the world has slowed down with us. We were always in a haste, be it eating or walking. lol. So, I really like the idea of having afternoon tea with my family!

I certainly wasn't lying when I said the staffs were really nice! Before we finished with our food, she came to us and offered us two slices of cakes!!! If this is not kindness I don't know what is.

 Poached pear pie. 

 Apricot cake. 
I have never tasted an apricot cake in my life, 
but this was really good! 
My mum just couldn't stop eating it. 









They do provide smoking area too, so you could enjoy afternoon tea and smoke and die alone outside if you're a smoker. HAHHAHAHAHHA!

The price for each set was RM80 nett. And the parking fee was RM10.

Anyway, it was such an amazing experience. It was really nice living high off the hog once in a while, just relaxing and chatting without rushing time.


11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250, Malaysia
T:(60 3) 2032 2388

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig