FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Product Empties September 2017

I have been really diligent at collecting my product empties, so I thought I'd show you what I have used up this month!
I have a ton of beauty products on my dressing table, so being able to finish up these products only mean one thing, I love them! So let's go through each of the products below where I will give you my thoughts on these products and if I'd repurchase them again!


1. La Roche-Posay Serozinc facial mist
 I first heard about this brand from some of my favourite British YouTubers. 
Whenever they talk about products that helped cleared up their skin, I'd always find LRP products in the list. 
So during my trip to Perth last year, I've decided to pick this product up and give it a whirl! 
To be honest, I liked this product but it was not my favourite. 
It thought it was a little too drying for my skin. 
But I began to notice a difference once I stopped using them. 
I'd see my skin turn into an greasy mess only a couple of hours after I leave the house, and
at the end of the day I'd find new whiteheads forming around my oily areas. 
If you haven't already known, Zinc is an amazing mineral for our skin!
Not only does it control sebum production, it also helps with wound healing and clearing up inflammatory response!
I've a few backups in my drawer now so it's an absolute yes for repurchasing!

2. La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
 While I was replenishing my supplies for Serozinc in HK, I was given a couple of cash vouchers that I'd to spend before I left. The sales person recommended that I try out their best selling product- the Thermal Spring Water Facial mist. 
I bought it because I have heard amazing things about all the amazing things Spring water does. 
But in all honesty, I was really skeptical about what it really could do, though I did enjoy the extra hydration it gives. 
If you know me from before, you'd know that my face was constantly red and angry, I could not stand under the sun for even one second or my skin would turn into a complete tomato. 
*Touch wood* Those days were gone! 
My skin is less prone to redness and blotchy appearance! 
Do note though, it does not give an instant result and result was only visible to me after consistent usage.
And just like the serozinc, I have had backup and I can't imagine a day without it so yes yes yes to repurchasing it!

3. MAYBELLINE Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof Mascara
 The brush is a curved bristles design so it definitely helped a lot with holding the curls and adding volume to my thin eyelashes that grow straight down. 
It was a drier formula so it was light weight enough to not weigh down the eyelashes. 
It is easily removed with gentle make up remover and it made my curls stay all day! 
However,  it did smudge a little on my very oily eyelids at the end of the day. 
I am not sure if I'd repurchase this product as I have many more products that I'd love to try out. 
But I highly recommend anyone who likes their lashes to stay nicely curled and look voluminous to try this out. 

4. Nivea Colour and Care in Red
I wear light eye make up on a daily basis so I'd always use a tinted lip balm on my lips to balance out the colour on my eyes. 
I opted for this one because I had wanted an alternative to my all time favourite Baby Lips Neon Pink. 
The colour of this lip balm is really really sheer and it remains pretty sheer no matter how many layers I apply. 
Despite the colour, it did resurrect my chapped lips and it manage to lock in moisture.
I'd imagine this lip balm to be perfect for those who don't really wear make-up and would love a light wash of colour on their lips while protecting their lips! 

5. MAYBELLINE Baby Lips Neon Pink
 Quite possibly my top lip product for everyday use! 
The colour is vibrant and it lasts absolutely ages! 
It is also very very moisturising to the lips! 
I have gone through probably 10 of it and I will not stop buying it for the rest of my life. LOL. 

6. SIMPLE Kind to Eyes eye make-up remover
 Like I mentioned earlier, I wear light eye make up on a daily basis so I needed something gentle yet effective to remove those light make-up on my eyes. 
This is a water based product so it doesn't leave an oily film on the eyes. 
It is great at removing eyeliners, eyebrow pencils and eyeshadows off my eyes, but I'd have to leave the soaked cotton pads on my eyes for a little while to get my waterproof mascara off. 
Nonetheless, I still really enjoy using this product for its friendly price point and gentle yet effective formula. 

7. INNISFREE Always New Auto Liner
 I believe my product was from an older batch which they have now revamped. 
While I find myself enjoying the convenience of having nicely sharpened pencil every time I twisted the cap, I have noticed that this product ran out so so so quickly! 
It was completely gone merely after one month of usage and the colour that I went for was almost undetectable on my eyelids. 
I am not too sure if I'd repurchase this product but I am eager to try out the other eyeliners from Innisfree! 

8. The Plant Base Nature Solution Skin Essence
 This product ticks all the boxes of what an essence has to offer: 
1. It boosts hydration
2. It reduces the appearance of fine lines
3. It helps with the absorption of other skin care products
and better yet, 
it can be found in the drugstore! 
This product is perfect for those who want to try incorporating an addition step into their skin care routine but don't want to break the bank! 
I have noticed my skin to be more supple and plumped day after day! 

9. SUGAR Tinted Lip Treatment
 This product is essentially the greatest contender to the Maybelline Baby Lips! 
This product, again, has marvelous colour pay-off, texture, fragrance, moisturising properties, a nicely weighted metallic cylinder packaging and it even contains SPF to protect our lips from sun damage! 
While I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this product, the price tag is such a pain in the arse. 
I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't justify spending so much money on a tinted lip balm whilst I already have my trusty Maybelline Baby Lips! 
Also, this product melted and broke in the middle while I was halfway through it. 

10. EOS Lip Balm
I remember this product used to be the IT product of every beauty gurus! 
I love how cute it looks and how easy it is to use, but honestly, the formula is nothing out of this world. 
It does forms a protective barrier over the lips, but it does not necessarily moisturise and plump my lips. 
I also didn't like the fact that it made my water tasted funny. 

So, here are all of the products I have used up this month! Let me know if you have tried any of the products above and tell me what do you think of them! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig