FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

TeaWood Taiwanese Cafe & Restaurant, Mongkok HK

It was my first proper dinner in HK so I was beyond excited to finally have the time doing some touristy thing! 
I could still remember how lost I felt the day before when I first arrived, not knowing what to expect,
still getting used to the places (Map and GPS), 
still struggling with internet connection and languages, 
the way back to where I stay etc. 
I settled for a simple set dinner at a simple char chan teng,
which made me felt extra lonely. 

I was happy that my companion Fui finally had time for me! So we travelled from HKU straight to Mongkok and be like a real tourist. 

She used an app known as OpenRice and saw that this place serves some of the best dessert- toast, because Fui is a dessert devotee. 

This place was pretty difficult to find, well at least for me because I still did not know my ways around. It is located at the 10th Floor of King Wah centre in Nathan Road. 

Once you reach the building just go into the lift, press 10 and once the door is open, 
TeaWood Restaurant is right in front of you. 

I was really shocked to see the long queue outside the restaurant, and we had to take number according to the number of pax and patiently wait for our turn. There was only two of us, but it took us about an hour to get ourselves a table. -.-

 I felt my privacy slightly threatened because the tables were so close to each other!!! 

 I am not a fan of soup noodle when I dine out, 
especially when I am in a hurry and I am in a place where I am unfamilar, 
because I tend to get nervous and sweat a lot. 
But I went with this anyway because the rest were mostly fried food. 
My pork noodle cost about $70. 
And the taste was pretty good! 
Noodle was springy! 
Pork was cooked till the perfect tenderness, 
and it has absorbed all the goodness of the soup, 
they went well with the rather bland noodle.
I picked out all the coriander of course! LOL. 

 Fui's pick:
 friend chicken chop with beef noodle.
She insisted that I try a her fried chicken so I did! 
And it was very nicely marinated and fried! 
Super crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside.

 Me after a long day at HKU! 
The rain has ruined my hair completely. -.-


 Red Bean Green Tea Black Sugar Toast
(LOL at the direct translation)

 It was quite ordinary I would say? 
Green tea always go with red beans,
so the combination was spot on! 
I mean, the combination was okayyyyy and everything taste well together, 
but it was nothing impressive. 
Still a delicious dessert. 
But it was really pricey for the price I think.
Priced around the $70 mark. 

After our very filling meal, 
we explored around the area. 
Fui brought me to the lady street, which has become very touristy, 
and they pretty much sell the same thing all over the market. 

 Saw this little eggy that Fui said it is a must-try! 
So we bought one for sharing. 
It tasted like..... Waffles.
But with more eggs if that makes sense. 
Crispy rather than soggy. 
I thought it was good but it wasn't mind blowing. 




TeaWood Taiwanese Cafe and Restaurant at Mongkok

Contact: 2780 2321
Address: 10/F, King Wah Centre, 628 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
               旺角彌敦道628號瓊華中心10樓全層
Operation hours:
               Mon - Thu: 12:00-24:00
              Fri - Sun & eve of Public Holiday: 12:00-01:00
Price range : $51-$100

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig