FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Carbon Peel Laser at Skin Gym Laser Clinic

I have been introduced to laser treatment for about a year now! I have tried several types of laser, some have failed me, and some have given subtle results. But, I am so happy that I finally found one trusty clinic, that I could go to, should I require any skin fix! 


About a week prior to the discovery of Skin Gym, I had a full body massage at a local massage parlor place. Being a first timer at a massage center, I didn't know that we had to bury our face right onto the massage bed. If I knew it earlier, I would have bought my own towels. The towels they used were not hygienic! My skin is the most sensitive skin ever on the planet earth, anything comes in contact with my skin, leaves scary acne formation on it. 

I remember the next day after my massage session, I freaked out! My whole face was sore and red, I had massive breakout all over my face! I tried using all the products my dermatologist recommended when I visited him in the past, but none of the products worked. My face was plagued with the most painful, deep, and huge acne! 

I was devastated! I felt like it's the end of the world. Daryl, who is a member of True Fitness, told me that he would be able to get some discounts, and asked if I wanted to try out this new laser clinic. A simple suggestion and a kind gesture of Daryl changed the destiny of my skin forever! 

In case you haven't already known, Skin Gym is founded by Dr. Ding See Jong and Dr. Yap Chiou Han, both are certified doctors, who then specialized in aesthetic medicine! You could read more about Skin Gym at http://skingym.com.sg/about-us/ ! 

Prior to getting any treatment, I first had to complete a simple questionnaire with their trained beautician. They analyzed my skin and put down every single thing into a patient data sheet. After a completing the questionnaire, I was brought to see the doctor on duty, mine was Dr. Yap. Dr. Yap checked my skin and recommended that I try out Carbon Peel and Q-switched laser for more visible results. 

With overwhelming desperation, I decided to start my carbon peel immediately! Please note that it was all my decision, the staffs were not even pushy at all. They gave me all the time in the world to make my own decision as to which treatment to opt for while taking financial concern into consideration, as well as when do I prefer to do the treatment. 

I was then brought into the treatment area. I was so amazed by how clean and hygienic the place was! It was bright and clean, spacious and comfortable. It almost felt like I was at home! 



 Each person was given a brand new disposable shower cap, to keep our hair off our face! 

 Then the beautician started cleansing my face! 
I had my sunblock and some eye makeup on, 
so the beautician was really meticulous! 
She double cleansed my face, but was really careful so that she did not smudge my eye makeup! 






 This was my face after removal of sunscreen. 
It was red and sensitive. 
I also had a few spots which were brewing, 
waiting for their turn to explode. Sigh. 

 Since I was doing Carbon Peel, of course, I had to have Carbon applied all over my face! 



 After application of carbon all over my face, I was told to rest for about 30 minutes,
to ensure that all the carbon has dried up on my face,
and at the same time gave it enough time to draw out all the impurities which are sitting beneath the cutaneous layer.


The carbon was heated with laser beam for optimum penetration into the pores, to allow a thorough cleansing of the pores. Besides than cleaning, the heat is also supposed to promote the growth of connective tissues! 

After about 5 minutes of heating up the carbon, the carbon was vaporized, lifting the superficial layer of dead skin cells along with it! 

Once all the carbon was vapourised, the skin was again subjected to laser beam again, to promote skin collagen regeneration!

If you are used to doing extraction at the usual beauty salon, this should feel 50 times gentler on your skin! It feels like a rubber band being snapped on our skin. I had been doing lasers for a while, so I am absolutely fine with this sensation. I actually found it really soothing and relieving, owing to the fact that I know all the nasty impurities are being taken away from my skin! 

The laser session took about 15 minutes! And my skin was instantly so much brighter! And it is also so much smoother with touch! The larger bumps that were causing me soreness had also subsided! 



After the laser session, my face was cleansed once again, and completed with the application of basic skincare! My skin is slightly reddish because my skin is highly sensitive. Any trigger on my skin leaves it looking red and irritated for hours!

My oily skin was really loving the effect, my skin stayed matte for hours for the very first time after the laser treatment. And the redness also went away within a few hours for me! The best thing about this laser is that it has no downtime, so I didn't need to hide at home while waiting for all the skin to peel and shed off. I went on with my life! 

After a few days, my skin was so much more refined! Bumps were gone and there was very minimal breakout! I did go back to them for more treatments, so stay tuned with me to witness how my skin is liberated from horrible acne! 

Skin Gym Laser Centre

Johor
104, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, Taman Sutera Utama, 81300 Skudai, Johor
Operating Hours: Tuesday - Sunday: 10am - 8pm, Closed on Monday
Contact: +6010-8822811 / +607-5623630

Petaling Jaya
1, Jalan SS2/72, Petaling Jaya, 47300 Selangor
Operating Hours: Tuesday - Friday: 11am - 8pm, Sat/Sun/Public Holiday: 10am - 7pm, Closed on Monday
Contact: +6011-11338088 / +603-78659987

22, Jalan PJU 5/10, Dataran Sunway, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Operating Hours: Tuesday - Friday: 11am - 8pm, Sat/Sun/Public Holiday: 10am - 7pm, Closed on Monday
Contact: +6011-11221811 / +603-61512897

Meanwhile, feel free to drop them an email at contact@skingym.com.sg for any form of inquiries! 

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, and I am sharing it because I really love their service, and their treatments come with an affordable price tag with occasional promotions and packages!

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig