FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Youmiqi Shun De Cuisine, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

I remembered seeing the name of this restaurant on someone else's Instagram post last year and I had been dying to visit this place ever since. I became more drawn to this restaurant, especially after seeing my friend visited there twice in a very short time interval, this only indicate that this place serves great food that is worth a second visit. 


Since this is a upmarket Chinese restaurant, I picked a nice Saturday afternoon to eat high off the hog, and also to ensure a great experience, I made my reservation ahead.

The building of this restaurant is a nice and small, one and a half storey bungalow. It looks pretty simple on the outside, with a touch of elegance. Upon scrutinisation, you would see the little intricate crafting that have altogether added a combination of oriental and modern feel to the entire place.





We were served with these appetiser once we were seated. 

They served spicy beans and herbal chicken legs. (RM7.00 each)
I relish these unique appetisers, which is contrary to other Ordinary Chinese restaurants that serve nuts etcetera. 
I heard chicken legs are high collagen source. 
So indulge yourself with a flush of collagen. LOL.

The cutleries are pretty simple. 
I wish they were made from ceramic, which gives a sturdy touch;
rather than these plastic-ish cutleries.
By the way, we ordered hot tea. 
Which taste rather diluted and bland. LOL.


The Birthday Girl, Jasmine!



Honestly, we found the menu was a little overwhelming. We didn't know what to eat and I didn't do enough research to know what are their renown dishes. HAHAHHAHHA. Shame on me.

Anyway, the food ordering process went well with the assistance from a knowledgeable and helpful staff.

This is the first thing being served. 
In all honesty, we were all freaked out when we saw this. 
We were thinking how on earth were we going to finish this!! 
But turned out, it's just a tool to steam those fishes and chicken that we ordered. 


They would place the fishes piece by piece on a steaming tray, 
and set timer and allow them to cook. 
Whilst we were waiting, 
they served other dishes that we have ordered, 
to keep our boredom at bay. 


Apparently, they are very well known with their Yong Tau foo.
We picked this dish, which came in 3 different varieties. 
I think all of them tasted surperb!!! 
They are long beans, lotus and eggplant! 
It tasted salty, but and crispy and just really nice!! 

Then we also had this, mushrooms. 
This is like an ordinary oyster sauce style of cooking. LOL.
But I think it tasted really great and I love it! 


I have totally forgotten to snap how the fish and chicken looked when they were done. 
But after we have eaten all the meat, 
they removed the steaming tray and left with a big bowl of soup!
I believed it's boiled with herbs and dates, 
hence the strong flavoured.
While you may expect this to taste bitter due to the use of herb, 
it tasted sweet with the abundance of dates used. 
It was one of the best soup I have ever had in my life, I kid you not. 


If you have FB/ Instagram account, don't forget to check in at YouMiQi, because you will be given free dessert, as below:

Coconut Milk Jelly. 


And this is another dessert that we ordered, 
it is the renown oatmeal bun!
OMG it tasted soooooo good, unlike any other bun I have ever tasted in my life. 
I really really really love it. 
Crispy and fragrant on the outside, 
sweet and thickened on the inside. 
This is a must try! 

  1. Address: Exit Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
    Phone:03-2181 3909
    Hours: 12:00 – 3:00 pm, 6:00 – 10:30 pm





No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig