FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Ichiban Izakaya at One Utama Mall

It was yet another random ramble in the mall, but this time with my BFF Winnie tagged along. 


I suggested that we dine Japanese food because I was craving for it, and of course it's because those are D's favourite. Since we were all unfamiliar with the mall, we went straight to the directory once we stepped into the mall, and looked for Japanese restaurant. 

To be honest we were slightly bored with ordinary Japanese Mall restaurant, 
so we went for Ichiban Izakaya, 
a name that we have never came across. 

This place is rather secluded, we had to go outside of the mall, 
to find this place. 
But once I saw the beautiful decoration, 
I kept bugging D and telling him: " I AM SO GOING TO DINE HERE!"
"LOOK AT THE DECOR OMG IT'S SO PRETTY"

 I mean...
Look at this place...
It doesn't even look Japanese, 
more like a modern cafe. 
But I love all the woods and natural lights shining through..


 This is definitely not your ordinary Japanese dining restaurant, 
with this live performance set up. 

 My BFF Winnie! 

 As much as I adore the sort of alfresco setting, 
I don't think it is all that practical in this sweltering hot weather, 
they only had one big fan rotating above of our head, 
so it was slightly slightly hot. 
But the staff were super kind, 
she brought a portable air cond and placed it directly beside our table, 
so that we get cold air ALL THE TIME!



 The small glass of green tea was welcome drink. 
Everyone only gets one small glass, 
and it is not refillable -.-
So if you are keen for green tea,
you gotta order yourself a glass. 



 Perks of hanging out with other people,
we get to take photos like this rather than resorting to wefie all the time!!! <3

 Winnie ordered fried rice! 
Tasted exceptionally good!! 
Didn't expect a simple fried rice to taste this good. 


 D has been working really hard to increase my fibre intake, 
so we started ordering one salad everywhere we go. 
And I am loving Japanese salad, 
they have interesting salad dressing!!!! 

 The legendary fan I mentioned earlier. HAHAHAH!


 D and I also ordered this one. 
I love crabbbb meatttt!!
So I have my bias for this! 
Honestly, we did not get much choice that day because
it was their last day of operating before they shut down for renovation. 
They wanted to revamp this place, 
so I am looking forward to visiting this place again!! 






It was a nice dining experience overall, staffs were helpful and responsive, and the taste of the food was on par, matched nicely with the nice decor!

We didn't get to try out most of their famous dishes, or dishes that appear appealing to us on the menu, so we are definitely coming back again when this place reopens!

Ichiban The Izakaya
Ground Floor, Rainforest Zone, 1 Utama, Petaling Jaya. Near HSBC.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig