FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

The Han Room at The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City

Ever since our discovery of the The Oriental Group of Restaurants, I've been longing to try all of the restaurants and pick out the best from the 9 restaurants. Well, because their restaurants are really posh and upmarket, we are only allowing ourselves to indulge in such luxury for special celebrations. This time, it was for my mum's 50th birthday celebration! 


If you want to avoid queueing in front of the restaurants, I would recommend making reservations several days prior to visiting. 
I am just so glad that we made our reservation earlier and managed to secure ourselves a nice and cosy private eating area which is separated from the crowd with vertical wood striping. 
Just like all the other restaurants under the same group, their interior design screams modernistic! 
I couldn't help but to marvel at all the details in this space that blend together so cohesively that it is  very welcoming.

The public dining area is spacious and it provides loads of privacy for each of the tables. 
The wide walkway has also allowed the dim sum trolley to move around conveniently. 


We order Pu Er tea and it came in the cutest tea pot! 

As it was Mum's birthday celebration, of course I had to insert a few photos of my mum and I! :)



With my sister Kat.


And with my one and only D! 



Look at the teapot! Isn't it the cutest thing? 
I have never seen any tea pot like this in my entire life. 
The long spout of the tea pot has enabled precision in tea serving. 
I thought it was eye opening! 

Crispy Dragon Beard Rainbow Roll & Prawn Dumpling with Spicy Sauce
This has got to be the most westernised Chinese appetiser we have ever eaten. 
Don't you think the presentation was absolutely adorable?
Crispy Dragon Beard Rainbow Roll comprised of prawns and noodle, which were rolled together and deep fried. 
It was a little bit messy to eat as the sauce on top of it goes all over your mouth and the noodles fall all over the place. 
Prawn Dumpling with Spicy Sauce was a refreshing change as the sauce was chilled! 
I have never tried dumpling in cold soup so I found it rather special! 
The spicy sauce was, of course spicy, but also really salty. 

Double-boiled Superior Shark's Fin Soup with Dried Scallop, Chinese Cabbage and Chicken
All the best ingredients were simmered together for hours to create this extremely aromatic and delicious soup!
I love love love their soup!
Although I love their soup, I am not so much of a fan for shark's fin,
because of the way shark's fin is obtained. 

TeoChew braised Goose Web with Fish Maw
This was soooooo gooooddddd!! It was my second time eating Goose web and my verdict is still the same! They are really tasty! It's so much softer than chicken feet, lol!
The sauce was thick and fragrant, it complemented all the ingredients really well!

Traditional Aberdeen Sizzling Large Prawn in Clay Pot!
This was another great dish!
The gravy had all been absorbed into the prawns so the prawns were really delicious to eat. 

Spider Crab Meat with Braised Hong Kong Ee-Fu Noodle & Straw Mushroom!
This normal looking dish was simply delicious!
I love crab meat so looking at all those crab meat gave me joy!
Spider crab meat is precious and rare. The taste? It was so much sweeter than the normal crab!
I love it! 

Chilled Mango with Sago Cream
In my interpretation, this would be, mango and ice cream blend.
It is a popular dessert dish in HK, and I think it was the perfect way to end our sumptuous dinner. 










The set meal that we opted for was priced at RM168.00++ per pax. Like any other restaurant under the group, their food is on the pricier side, but it is definitely worth the money!

There are so many more interesting dishes on the menu and I can't wait to revist them!

The Han Room
T-216A, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone 03-2284 8822
Website http://www.orientalrestaurants.com.my
Hours: Mon – Fri: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Sat – Sun: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig