FOOD | LIFESTYLE | FASHION | BEAUTY | FITNESS | MALAYSIA

Everday make up look or Glam Evening look with A:CONCEPT Black Set- Product Review and Tutorial

Packing for a holiday can be tragic, especially with the liquid and weight limitations.  
Not only a girl has to look photo-ready for all the touristy photos in the day, but a girl also gotta have options when we need to glam up for a fancy-schmancy dinner in the evening. 
That's when A:Concept Black Set came in handy during my previous trip to Vietnam,
especially when there was one morning where I had to get ready in a moving train.
With limited space and for hygiene reasons, the A:Concept Black Set was my does-it-all best bet!


Lightweight but sturdy packaging completes with a proper mirror; multi-functional lip and cheek products in two colours; and a high coverage BB cushion which triples up as a foundation, a concealer and UV protection. Replacing 7 products with one? Hell yes! 



 The A:Concept Black Set
(originally RM212 now 50% off at only RM106 what!)
comprises of four items:
1. All in One Brightening A: Cushion
(comes in two variants: #21 light beige and #23 natural beige)
2. All in One Brightening A: Cushion Refill 
3. Everything in A: Coral Lip and Cheek
4. A: Red Orange Lipstick




 Not sure if you're able to tell, but there's a secret compartment just behind the case where you could slot in the lip/cheek colour of your choice!
This fuss-free packaging makes touching up during mid-day such a posh experience!



With SPF35, PA++, the All in One Brightening Cushion brightens the complexion, covers up blemishes, provides substantial moisture and protects me from the damaging UVA and UVB rays.
It also contains Hyaluronic Acid (to draw moisture from the surrounding), Bifida Ferment Lysate (Antioxidant properties), Propolis Extract (Anti-Bacteria and Anti-Inflammatory) and Aloe Vera Extracts (Soothing).

 My stress level had been really high lately so it explains my no-where-near-to-flawless complexion.

Here is the coverage test:


As you could see, the dark spots that I had drawn on earlier vanished within a few taps!

For those who are wondering, I have rather warm and tanned skin and #23 Natural Beige looked great on me with a brightening effect!



The Brightening cushion blended really well, it has a buildable coverage. I gently tap the cushion all over my face in one layer for day appropriate look and it covered up blemishes and balanced out redness really well, it did not cling to dry patches and it did not aggravate my angry skin at all. If anything, my skin appeared clearer at the end of the day!
And I am happy to report that this product didn't break me out!
My biggest fear with Cushion has been pore congestion and this lightweight texture didn't seem to cause me any trouble at all!

I did powder my skin as cushion has the tendency to look a little glossy on the skin.
With just a tad of powder dusted all over the skin, this product surprisingly lasted the entire day on my skin! Quite impressive for a cushion compact!

Again, to create a more day-appropriate makeup look, I opted for the Everything in A: Coral Lip and Cheek!
 This product has a creamy texture that glides on!



 I drew on three short lines on my cheeks before blending it out with the cushion puff that comes with the cushion compact! The secret to perfect blending definitely lies in the cushion puff!
If you blend with your fingers, it has a tendency to move your foundation around.

 The pigmentation was fantastic and it blends like a dream. If you want a deeper look, you could easily build it up with a few more swipes on the cheek and blend away!

 There's something sweet about matching cheek and lip colour.
With this multi-functional product, you don't have to frantically search for two items that match!


 Smooth and buttery texture with excellent pigmentation, this product also moisturises the lip ever so slightly to give it a fuller look!

And voila! You're ready to take on the day!





And if want to glam up any look, just switch it up with A:Red Orange Lipstick!
One could never go wrong with a red lip for any glam look!

As usual, you gotta have a flawless skin to complement your elegant red lips!





The cushion deposits just the right amount of cushion onto your puff so you don't end up looking like you have a cake-face on.

For a full glam look, I apply a light layer all over and I went in with one more round just focusing on my trouble area. This way, you will have you imperfections cover up but still allowing your skin's natural glow shines through.

 Although being labeled as a lipstick, I personally doubled it up as a blusher too!





 Again, with a few swipe and tap away with the cushion puff, your cheek will display a subtle and natural flush!


This lipstick has a velvet matte finish which means, longer lasting power! 
Unlike conventional matte lipsticks which sucks out every drop of moisture on the lips, this lipstick actually felt comfortable on the lips! 
 The drawback is that it does transfer and it doesn't last too well with food.
But then again, with such a sophisticated case, I don't see a problem reapplying this lipstick out and about!




The A:Concept Black Set is not only perfect for those who just started experimenting with makeup, it is also excellent for daily use! I highly recommend anyone who adores natural healthy looking skin with a glow to try out this product. 

This product is now available on Althea Malaysia Website! Grab yours while it's now half-priced! 

Disclaimer: This blogpost is written in collaboration with The Butterfly Project but all opinions are my own. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig